According to Statutes, WAIPA is pleased to announce the candidacies for a new WAIPA Steering Committee, to be elected for the 2019-2021 term, 60 days prior to the General Assembly.
General Assembly will take place on the first day of the 24th WAIPA World Investment Conference in Warsaw, Poland on 7 October, 2019.
The nominated candidates, which have sent their candidacies for the following positions of the 2019 – 2021 Steering Committee are:
- Presidency: Dubai Investment Development Agency (Dubai FDI)
- Vice-Presidency: Business Finland – Invest Finland, Costa Rican Investment Promotion Agency (CINDE), The Egyptian General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI), Invest India, The Economic Development Board (EDB) Mauritius, Switzerland Global Enterprise
Regional Directorships for:
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Ghana Investment Promotion Center (GIPC), Investment Promotion Agency of Mali (API-Mali), The Economic Development Board (EDB) Mauritius
- Middle East and North Africa: The Egyptian General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI), Investment Development Authority of Lebanon (IDAL), Invest in Sharjah
- Central Asia: Azerbaijan Export & Investment Promotion Foundation (AZPROMO)
- South Asia: Invest India
- East Asia and Southeast Asia: Shanghai Foreign Investment Development Board (Invest Shanghai), Invest KOREA
- European Union: Business Finland – Invest Finland, Enterprise Greece
- Eastern Europe: InvestBulgaria Agency
- Central America and the Caribbean: Costa Rican Investment Promotion Agency (CINDE), Invest Saint Lucia
- South America: INDI Minas Gerais Investment and Trade Promotion Agency, InvestChile
- Oceania: The Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Labour (MCIL) Samoa
The Permanent Secretariat would like to thank all Steering Committee candidates for the sent candidacies and wish them good luck at elections.