Following the elections and your valuable votes, we are glad to officially introduce you to WAIPA’s New Steering Committe to lead our World Association for the term 2023/2025;
- Presidency: Invest India
- Vice Presidency: Switzerland Global EnterpriseVice Presidency: Kuwait Direct Investment Promotion Authority (KDIPA)
- Regional Directorship for Sub-Saharan Africa: Ghana Investment Promotion Center (GIPC)
- Regional Directorship for Middle East and North Africa: The Egyptian General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI)
- Regional Directorship for Central Asia: Export and Investment Promotion Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan – AZPROMO
- Regional Directorship for East Asia and South-East Asia: Invest KOREA
- Regional Directorship for South Asia: Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA)
- Regional Directorship for European Union: Business Finland – Invest Finland
- Regional Directorship for Eastern Europe: Invest Cyprus
- Regional Directorship for Central America and Caribbean: Center for Exports and Investment of the Dominican Republic (ProDominicana)
- Regional Directorship for Oceania: Trade and Investment Queensland
With those official results, we also would like to formally inform you that the regional directorships for North America and South America remained vacant. Pursuant to article XIX par 6 of WAIPA Statutes The Steering Committee is entitled to examine the candidacies and fill the vacancy at its next meeting.
Therefore we hereby invite all our members from these two continents and interested to take part in WAIPA Steering Committee as Regional Directorship, to send their applications via an e-mail to [email protected] and [email protected] with a candidacy letter addressed to WAIPA Permanent Secretariat and not later than 1 March 2024.
If you are interested to learn more about the functions, requirements and mandate of the Steering Committee please refer to Chapter V (p.7-10) of the WAIPA Statutes and do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.