The objectives of WAIPA, as broadly reflected in the Association’s Statutes, are to:
- Promote and develop understanding and cooperation amongst IPAs.
- Strengthen information gathering systems, promote the efficient use of information and facilitate
access to data sources.
- Share country and regional experiences in attracting foreign investment and enhancing outward
- Assist IPAs in advising their respective governments on the formulation of appropriate
investment promotion policies and strategies.
- Facilitate access to technical assistance and promote training of IPAs.
WAIPA partners can be international organizations, multilateral agencies or other non-governmental organizations (with local or international focus), think tanks, consultancies and universities. Partnerships with WAIPA are established based on mutual needs, in terms of WAIPA events, WAIPA training activities and/or WAIPA’s technical assistance efforts. Technical assistance and training initiatives are generally conducted in coordination with, or with the support of, WAIPA partners.
Generally, WAIPA seeks to coordinate its efforts with the organizations that are members of its Consultative Committee, which are:
- International Economic Development Council (IEDC)
- Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD)
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- International Labor Organization (ILO)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- World Bank Group (WBG)