After the General Assembly in Dubai on November 27, 2017 in which WAIPA Steering Committee elections took place, the regional directorships of “Middle East and North Africa” and “Oceania” remained vacant.
The Steering Committee will decide at their first meeting and the relevant Steering Committee candidates will be co-opted until the next General Assembly.
The nominated candidates, which have sent their candidacies for the two vacant seats are:
Regional directorship of Oceania
- Vanuatu Investment Promotion Authority (VIPA)
- Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Labour Samoa
Regional directorship of Middle East and North Africa:
- The General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI)
- Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq)
- Kuwait Direct Investment Promotion Authority (KDIPA)
- Palestinian Investment Promotion Agency (PIPA)
- Investment Development Authority of Lebanon (IDAL)
- Agence de Promotion de L’Investissement Extérieur Tunisia (FIPA Tunisia)