|The World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) will implement with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) a tailormade capacity development project on aftercare in Jordan funded by the UK Department for International Development.
WAIPA is thus inviting proposals from Consultants for the work assignment from 8/2020 until Q1/2021.
The Consultant is expected to formulate a training program formed of 2 sessions, each of 3 days for 20 (in total 40 in 2 sessions) investment professionals from Jordan, tailormade to their needs, i.e. on aftercare and in accordance with the assessment prior to the trainings. This assessment survey and interviews will be undertaken to assess said specific needs.
- On-site assessment and diagnostics of the effectiveness of investment aftercare as performed by the client, including review of current human resources, structure, processes and functions;
- Design of the tailored on-the-job training programme, to be developed in close consultation with stakeholders;
- Delivery of the on-the-job training programme, which will allow the staff of the client to enhance their ability to:
- Select companies for aftercare and determine priority key accounts;
- Develop specific services to provide to companies as part of aftercare;
- Deal with the main issues faced by investors and the challenges of providing aftercare;
- Build relationships with companies that strengthen their ties to the local community;
- Coordinate the support of other entities to develop an effective aftercare program
- Monitor existing investors to identify companies at risk;
- Proactively identify opportunities for companies to grow or expand the scope of their activities;
- Ex-post evaluation on progress based on the training.These trainings might also involve relevant professionals from special economic zones located in Jordan as well as chambers of commerce and other business associations.
To learn more about the details and how to apply for the project please mail to WAIPA Coordinator Andreas Hora at [email protected]. The call runs until 24 July 2020.