To whom it may concern,
WAIPA and the Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) joined forces in a co-funded project, to develop the skills of investment and trade professionals in LDCs. As published in the official release: https://waipa.org/announcements/waipa-launches-eif-co-funded-project-to-build-capacity-on-investment-promotion-in-ldcs/, the aim of this new project is to improve the capacities and skills of IPAs, EIF National Implementation Units (NIUs) and government officials in LDCs through a training program for two years.
WAIPA is thus inviting proposals from Individual Consultants for the work assignment from 06/2020 to the 12/2021.
The Consultant is expected to formulate a training program formed of 4 sessions, each of 2 days for 20 (in total 80 in 4 sessions) investment (and trade) professionals from a selected range of LDCs, tailormade to their needs.
The first event is intended to take place on from 09/06/2020 to 11/06/2020 and will be organized by WAIPA at the WAIPA Secretariat/Training Center in Istanbul, Turkey. Three further three-days workshop will follow in Q4 2020, Q2 2021 and Q4 2021.
Competencies/Key Requirements for the project are:
- Graduate Degree in a business-related discipline;
- Demonstrated track record in Leadership, Strategic Planning & Project Management;
- In-depth knowledge and significant work experience in the field of Foreign Direct Investment and Investment Promotion;
- Experience with government relations in a multilateral environment, experience with investment promotion agencies and international organisations desirable;
- Experience in the private sector;
- Extensive experience in strategic and change management processes;
- Proven ability to work in demanding, deadline-driven environments;
- Familiarity with the management and control of budgets;
- Awareness of the trends, issues, laws and regulations related to the marketing of niche investment opportunities in international markets;
- Fluency in oral and written English, proficient knowledge of French desirable;
- Commitment to equality and diversity;
- An effective communicator – innovative, creative, well structured and forward thinking.
To learn more about the details and how to apply for the project please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The call for consultancy runs until 6 March 2020.