On 19 May 2020 WAIPA and Huawei jointly organized an online panel discussion titled “Optimize investment conditions to accelerate digital recovery”. The discussion gathered panelists from international organizations, investment promotion agencies (IPAs), FDI advisory and the business sector. The focus of the panel was inward investment for recovery, multilateral collaboration, the importance of the WTO “Multilateral Framework on Investment Facilitation for Development” and the significance of IPAs.
• Fahad Al Gergawi, President of WAIPA and CEO of Dubai FDI
• Prerna Soni, Sr AVP, Invest India
• Juan Marchetti, Chief Counsellor on Investment WTO
• Andreas Dressler, Managing Director, FDI Center
• Craig Burchell, VP Global Trade, Huawei